As we have grown in our business, others have grown with us. Here we would like to recognize Paul Stamets and his company, Fungi Perfecti. Paul is an internationally recognized expert in all things related to fungi and a passionate advocate for the world of fungi. Fungi Perfecti produces a wide variety of gourmet and medicinal mushrooms and mushroom products and retails products for mushroom growers.
In 1984 Stamets bought a farm on Skookum Inlet northwest of Seattle, Washington. There he started Fungi Perfecti, growing mushrooms and producing a variety of products including his MycoMedicinal line of food supplements. Since 1990 he has been using Unicorn Bags in his farm and retailing them through his online store and print catalog.
Some Fungi Perfecti Highlights
- 2013: How Mushrooms Can Save the World (Discover Magazine)
- 2013: The Power of Mushrooms to Save the Planet (National Geographic)
- 2013: Advisory Board of American Botanical Council
- 2008: 50 Visionaries Who Are Changing Your World (Utne Reader)
- 2008: 6 ways mushrooms can save the world (TED Talk)
- 2006: Smallpox Defense May Be Found in Mushrooms (National Public Radio)
Congratulations to Paul Stamets and Fungi Perfecti
Your continued efforts in successful innovation is a model for Unicorn. We are very proud of you for your ingenuity in bringing new products and ideas to fruition through your great work.